For twenty-five years, St. Joseph the Worker has been helping to eliminate obstacles that many motivated homeless and low-income individuals face when seeking employment.
Now St. Joseph the Worker has entered an exciting time of growth as we are implementing the Employment Heals Outreach and Expansion Project, which increases our community impact by building off-site partnerships with other social service agencies and parishes that need help offering job development services to their clientele and parishioners. Forming off-site community partnerships is a proactive move in that St. Joseph the Worker can reach those on the fringe, who are close to losing everything, and help them to improve their hold on self-sufficiency and avoid experiencing homelessness altogether.
St. Joseph the Worker offers a spectrum of services:
• Specialized Job Development to identify clients’ barriers to employment and create individual job-search strategies.
• Basic resources necessary to successfully job search, interview, and obtain employment such as transportation, clothing, hygiene, and other work essentials.
• Targeted services for previously incarcerated individuals to develop a job search strategy and effectively explain a criminal history or large gap in employment.
• Job Readiness Workshop covering interviewing skills, personal presentation and communication, proper workplace etiquette and much more.
• Long-term support services including budgeting and goal-setting skills, designed to encourage maintaining employment.
Most importantly, clients receive individual support and encouragement!